Club Wellcraft Forums

Reviews?

Discuss any Wellcraft Coastal Related Topics

Reviews?

Postby Joe290 » February 11th, 2013, 10:08 pm

Why is it that we never see any reviews of new Wellcraft boats? Boating magazine, Saltwater Sportsman have reviewed the Grady's, robalos,hydro sports, edgewater, but never the new Wellcraft coastal. We don't even see any ads or promos and they never update their website. in fact, compared to most of the other builders, the Wellcraft website trails the pack. Any idea why?
Joe290

Re: Reviews?

Postby MTS Sportfishing » February 11th, 2013, 11:37 pm

I'm sure boting/fishing magazines work the same way as the automaobile magazines work. The boats they review are usually from the builders buying ad space. It's rare that you will see a bad review of a boat from an advertiser. I can't remember the last Wellcraft add I have ever seen.
MTS Sportfishing

Postby Captain » February 13th, 2013, 7:53 am

FYI...same courtesy is given to home theater and sound and vision magazines when you purchase advertising space.

I might guess Wellcraft doesnt picks up the tab too often at business lunches either!

Maybe they think they are aloof...like porsche or maserati and don't have to advertise or market outside their direct contact with their customers.

My2Cents...
2005 50th Anniversary Edition Coastal 232
"Reel-Lax!"
Beaching, boating, or bikini watching every weekend!
Captain

Postby Erie Skipper » February 13th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Wellcraft is a shadow of its former self. Sarasota is abandoned and sold to a marine parts supplier. Wellcraft is part of the boat group that owns Four Winns and being built at the Four Winns plant in Cadillac. There are only a handful of dealers left in the country. I'm sure the marketing dept has gone by the wayside as well. Sad, but true and don't even like thinking about this once proud company and what it has become.
Erie Skipper

Postby Joe290 » February 13th, 2013, 8:58 pm

Wellcraft is owned by an outfit named PBH Marine group. They are one of the many diverse companies owned by the Platnum Equities group. One of the largest private equity company's around. One billionaire behind it all.

Anyway, PBH also owns Glasstron, Ranger, Trition, Stratos and Four winns. They seem to market the other brands just not the Wellcarft. Don't know why, it's a great boat. I have the 2012 290 and love it. Hope they have plans for the line. I keep hoping ill see a remake of the brand one of these days
Joe290

Return to Wellcraft Coastal