Club Wellcraft Forums

Nice to be here!!!

Nice to be here!!!

Postby seabob4 » August 30th, 2012, 8:41 pm

What's up gentlemen??!! Thanks to Mike for starting this site, could never understand why a world class builder like Wellcraft never has really had an owner's site...WELL NOW THEY DO!

Some of you guys may know me from THT, Classic Aquasport, iboats, Classic Mako, wherever. I worked for Wellcraft from 8/94 to 5/00, so I saw a few boats head out the door...thousands! My deal was electrician on the fishboats, 220/240 CCFs, 220/240 Coastals, as well a number of other models when someone was needed on that line. I also know quite a bit about Wellcraft's build processes, so models like the Martiniques, the Excaliburs, the Novas, are not unfamiliar to me...

So if anybody has some questions, I'll do my best to answer...or at least TRY to find the answers!! :o :o
seabob4

Re: Nice to be here!!!

Postby Shock Therapy » August 31st, 2012, 11:52 am

Hey Seabob! I'm kcart55 over @THT, but 'fixin to change that. I have a 2005 290 Coastal, bought five months ago,(a repo). I've learned a lot about it so far, but it's nice to know you worked there. I'll keep that in mind!! :mrgreen:
Kevin
Shock Therapy

Postby seabob4 » August 31st, 2012, 10:26 pm

A calmer place here, Kevin. No need to worry about the eventual bashing you'll get on THT for owning a Wellcraft... :roll: :roll:
seabob4

Postby Capricorn » September 13th, 2012, 10:59 am

Hi Kevin and Mike,

As I posted elsewhere, great to find an owners site.

Dont have a lot of experience on sites like this and as previously mentioned am comparitively technically inept with things mechanical and electrical, but am a fast learner and learning fast. Changed an impeller on the Kohler generator seawater pump on the weekend. Success, but painfull job using a mirror and a small cable tie to compress the rubber fingers. Now I can have a hot shower.

Dive a bit with a hookah set up and am getting into underwater photography. So, at 60 am living the dream.

Bob
Capricorn

Return to Non Wellcraft Discussion