[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Club Wellcraft Forums • View topic - Question on 2000 190 Fisherman for Seabob

Club Wellcraft Forums

Question on 2000 190 Fisherman for Seabob

Discuss any Wellcraft Fisherman Related Topics

Question on 2000 190 Fisherman for Seabob

Postby Walleye Guy » January 9th, 2013, 6:53 am

Seabob4 - Since you worked at Wellcraft, can you tell me a little about the structure of my 190 Fisherman? I bought it in 2010 and always wondered about how much of it had wood in the structure (stringers, etc). I have no issues with the boat and really like it. I was just wondering. The dealer told me that there was no wood used in the construction but I have some reservations about that. I would imagine that there is some wood in the transom. Thanks.
Walleye Guy

Re: Question on 2000 190 Fisherman for Seabob

Postby seabob4 » January 12th, 2013, 9:38 pm

Walleye,
Well, seeing as '00 was at the far tail end of my days at WC, I don't know much about the 190 Fisherman (is that the CC?) Then it would be almost a dead nuts ringer for the 190 CCF.

I would STRONGLY bet that not only is the transom wood, but that the cockpit sole and the gunwales are wood cored...end grain balsa. In '00, and possibly '99 if your boat was built from August of '99 to Jan of '00, then it would still be an '00 model, as "model year changeover" begins in August, WC and AS were still coring most areas of the deck with balsa.

You can always drill a couple of exploratory 1/4" holes in inconspicuous places and see what comes out on the drill bit. A little trick no one will ever notice. I have a 90 degree adapter for my drill, I stick in a real short drill bit, then insert the adapter in under the deck at the pie plate, and drill upward into the underside of the deck, a few inches away from the molded flange. There is no coring on the flange. That way you can drill a hole that no one will ever see, and you find out what's in there.
seabob4

Postby Walleye Guy » January 13th, 2013, 9:24 am

Seabob4 - Yes it is the CC. Thanks for the valuable information. I have no reason to believe there is a problem, however it's always good to know what you've got I guess. I recall now that when I drilled a hole(s) in the transom for the transducer, that wood shavings were part of the mix (I don't think I drilled all the way through anyway). There was no water or soggy material and I sealed it pretty good with 5400.

It's not the highest quality boat, hoever it's just right for me sizewise and the 115 Johnson runs like a top. I don't take it out in more than 3 footers anyway up here on Lake Erie. It isn't much fun in rough water anyway.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge!
Walleye Guy

Postby Erie Skipper » February 4th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Erie Skipper

Postby seabob4 » February 5th, 2013, 12:59 am

You may not be able to trust a dealer...but you CAN trust Jim!!!

That would be Erie Skipper...

And goddamit, when are we going to get some useful smileys??? :roll: :roll:
seabob4

Postby Erie Skipper » February 5th, 2013, 11:53 am

Erie Skipper

Postby seabob4 » February 8th, 2013, 8:03 pm

Growth patterns are good! What have you got in mind boat-wise for him? An Aquasport 225 Osprey, 225 Yam would be sweet...
seabob4

Postby Walleye Guy » February 11th, 2013, 11:22 am

Walleye Guy

Postby Erie Skipper » February 11th, 2013, 1:13 pm

Erie Skipper

Return to Wellcraft Fisherman