Club Wellcraft Forums

Trailer Loading Problems 232 Hull Design...

Discuss any Wellcraft Fisherman Related Topics

Trailer Loading Problems 232 Hull Design...

Postby Captain » February 26th, 2013, 7:57 am

For both Coastal and Fisherman Late model 232 Hulls...

Anyone out there with a current late model 232 hull that has trouble getting the 232 deep "V" design to roll onto your roller trailer squarely the first time?

Thought I would share my problem with my Venture 28 wheel roller trailer mating with my coastal 232 hull design for years.

As I make initial contact with the rollers...just before the deep "V" nestles into the forward arms it seems like the stout rear chines touchdown or hit the rear rollers and "swing"...across goes my bow and "V" right between the front arms gliding up onto the metal yokes scratching off my gel coat. I've tried a varieties of trailer depths over the last 8 years ith my 05 model and have had to customize my trailer to finally make it a no brainer. Also I have adjusted the rear rollers in and out to many dimensions to try to find the best spot. Granted it is probably me...but after about 120 launches and returns I would find it hard to believe that Im the only one who has noticed this problem. Always possible it could be the boat ramp I launch at...but I watch many other guys roll on with little to no problem.
Because of the boat, cargo, and weight there possibly could be a list to one side or the other moving in for initial contact...but I always stand centerline on boat making adjustments to her entering the trailer.

I can tell you my buddy has a Stieger 23 with a planing hull and he can go on his Shorelander trailer at a 45 degree angle and that sucker squares up like no body's business. 

Well...I'll post some of the shots on my trailer mod's (uprights, skid-plates, keel roller) to help others with a similar problem next time I'm at my home PC.

I always equate it to the very hard chines...although it's more likely the Captain! :?
2005 50th Anniversary Edition Coastal 232
"Reel-Lax!"
Beaching, boating, or bikini watching every weekend!
Captain

Re: Trailer Loading Problems 232 Hull Design...

Postby Captain » February 26th, 2013, 9:38 am

Before Lexan skid plates...nasty galvy awaiting my forward keel.

Rollers before.jpg
Rollers before.jpg (441.62 KiB) Viewed 12955 times

After Lexan skid plates...slick centering Lexan to drop keel properly in place.

The attachment Roller After.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Roller After.jpg
Roller After.jpg (466.22 KiB) Viewed 12955 times
2005 50th Anniversary Edition Coastal 232
"Reel-Lax!"
Beaching, boating, or bikini watching every weekend!
Captain

Return to Wellcraft Fisherman